Thursday, January 10, 2019

Happy New Year 2019, Coulter Lee Brooks, Jan. 1 - 7


Birthday Flowers

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019

COME LET US ANEW
Come, let us anew our journey pursue,
Roll round with the year,
And never stand still till the Master appear.
His adorable will let us gladly fulfill, And our talents improve
By the patience of hope and the labor of love,
By the patience of hope and the labor of love.

Our life as a dream, our time as a stream
Glide swiftly away,
And the fugitive moment refuses to stay;
For the arrow is flown and the moments are gone. The millennial year
Presses on to our view, and eternity's here,
Presses on to our view, and eternity's here.

Oh, that each in the day of His coming may say,
"I have fought my way thru;
I have finished the work thou didst give me to do."
Oh, that each from his Lord may receive the glad word: "Well and faithfully done;
Enter into my joy and sit down on my throne;
Enter into my joy and sit down on my throne." 
-Charles Wesley, 1707-1788


I love this part of William Wordsworth’s Ode on Intimations of Immortaltiy

Coulter Lee Brooks, Born Jan 3rd
to Blaine and Brenda Brooks

Our birth is but a sleep
and a forgetting;
The Soul that rises with us,
our life’s Star,
Hath had elsewhere its setting
And cometh from afar;
Not in entire forgetfulness,
And not in utter nakedness,
But trailing clouds of glory do we come
From God, who is our home:


Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019

Rode out the Seneca Camp with the Barretts and had a delightful visit.  In the course of our travels we discovered that they had a few minor car issues.  One was the interior lights kept shorting our.  Ray found a broken socket in the back side door and fixed that.  The other was the AC/Heat fan was either high or off.  This will take a bit more work.
The get-to-gether with the site missionaries was so much fun.  Again, lots of good food.  Then we played double 18 Mexican train dominoes.  I didn't know they made double 18 dominoes. The camp was impressive and the day joyful.

Sunday, Jan 6th

We enjoyed our first Sunday on the 2 hour block.  I felt I failed in Primary and am determined to be better prepared for these sweet children.  The time is so precious, as are they, and deserve to have the meat of the gospel taught to them.  Afterward, we helped Helen get onto lds.org/family search to see her ancestors.  Ray is good to help her along great paths.  She seems more content and joyful.

Birthday Breakfast

Monday, Jan. 7th  #62 BD

We went to the gym this morning.  Ray made a delicious breakfast for me then we opened gifts.  I was showered with many expressions of love and kindness.

FHE was by Brother Morey.  He spoke on the Symbols of the Temple.  I found it quite informative.  Brother Morey has had serious health issues over the past year.  By miracles he is still with us and we felt blessed to hear his presentations and reap from his deep knowledge of eternal truths.  He seems determined to have accurate resources which I appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment